Jameson Whiskey, Label Design for St. Patricks Day 2013

Acclaimed glass artist Dave Smith toasts St. Patrick’s Day with a limited edition bottle for Jameson 2013.

David Smith, a traditional glass artist, has designed a special edition bottle for Jameson on St. Patrick’s Day. The contemporary bottle design was inspired by the intricate glass etching and ornate gilding synonymous with the décor of great Dublin pubs where Jameson has been enjoyed for generations. David’s design reflects a classic back bar mirror and encourages you to “Embrace Your Irish Spirit” as part of the March celebrations.

This special limited Jameson bottle is the second edition in a series of annual releases by different artists. Designed to celebrate St Patrick’s Day, the bottle is available in 24 markets around the world from February 2013. The uniqueness of the design and limited availability of the bottle means this is a must have for those who want to embrace their Irish spirit with friends on St Patrick’s Day.

The limited edition St. Patrick’s Day bottle forms part of Jameson’s St. Patrick’s Live celebrations. The Jameson Live Broadcast will take place in the Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin, while Jameson St. Patrick’s Live Dublin will be the flagship event for the worldwide celebrations.

Whether you are enjoying the celebrations in Dublin, Moscow, Johannesburg, or New York, Jameson brings the St. Patrick’s Live celebrations to you.

Included in these photos are pictures of the day at the distillery in Dublin with family and friends. Some of the images also show how the artwork was created.    Many thanks to everyone at Jameson Whiskey ,Ireland

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Jameson Whiskey, Label Design for St. Patricks Day 2013”

1. Tony Bennett says:

Lovely piece of work Dave, I do wish I had your drawing skills.
    Looking forward to seeing your step by steps.

2. Declan Malone says:

Hi Dave

Would really like to catch up with you when your in Dublin for St Paddy’s Day. I have your £50 & would love to meet up!

Declan

3. This design is incredible! You most certainly know how to
    keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost
    moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!
    ) Great job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

4. Mike says:

wow!. A friend of mine forwarded a video of the making of John Mayers Album cover and I have to say I am blown away! I had no idea in this day and age that there was such a artisian and craftsman like yourself doing this kind of work! I loved watching that video and have found my way to your homepage! I simply love your attention to detail. I am an Architectural Illustrator in southern California and truly appreciate your craft! Cheers and keep it up!! -Mike Bast, Costa Mesa, CA

5. Adam says:

This is beautiful! I really hope I can find one of these to purchase, we probably wont see them in the North Western US.

I would love to watch more videos of you working on reverse glass, so much fun to watch!

Thank you for sharing!

6. [...] ha creado una edición limitada y exclusiva de su botella diseñada por el artista irlandés David Smith, especialista en el tallado en vidrio. Su obra prescinde de etiquetas, pues se inspira en los [...]

7. [...] quest’anno sarà prodotta una bottiglia celebrativa in edizione limitata, con il design di Dave Smith che si ispira alle vetrate artistiche degli Irish [...]

8. Dave says:

Beautiful work. Is this available as a print?

9. [...] +Info Share this:TwitterFacebookMe gusta:Me gusta Cargando… Esta entrada fue publicada en Gráfico. Guarda el enlace permanente. [...]

10. Dave!

Your work continues to be such an inspiration to me! Everything that you have been producing has been nothing but top-notch. Thanks for your all of your encouragement on my FB page. I hope that you are doing well and loving the products of your hands as much as everybody else is. I am working hard to one day be worthy to be your apprentice. Best to you always, my friend!

-Jake

11. George says:

Hi Dave well to days the day the world can see and toast your talent in one hand, great piece of work going down in history. Well done & all the best to you and your fab family. From George your conservatory buyer and his wife Celia. PS I have two to sign is that OK. Ha Ha
    Speak soon bud.
    G.

Thanks Jake. I feel the same with what you do. One day we must meet! Appreciate this Jake. keep up the amazing work you do.

Thank you all for the lovely comments and the support with my work.
    Dave

13. Mal says:

Great post! I always take off gat to people who can draw. Thanks for sharing your talanet with us.

14. Oka says:

Good morning,

I would buy the jameson embrace your irish spirit. Could you please tell where i can find it.

Do you mean the bottle?